[Mailman-Users] why can't people see my lists?

James Watson james at FuturisTech.net
Fri Nov 2 19:36:37 CET 2001

On Fri, Nov 02, 2001 at 10:23:28AM -0800, J C Lawrence wrote:
> On Fri, 2 Nov 2001 08:20:01 -0500
> James Watson <james at FuturisTech.net> wrote:
> > by matching the list hostname with the http hostname.  However,
> > this is a case-sensitive match, so if you change the list hostname
> > to www.mysql.org, then http://www.mysql.org/mailman/listinfo will
>
> False.
>
> Hostnames are explicitly case insensitive.  Mailman flattens the
> strings prior to comparison.  Example:

Your browser must do the flattening.  With Mozilla, the above two urls both
work for me.  However, with Netscape 4.77, I get the "no advertised lists"
message when using the second url.

-James

--
James Watson                                 Futuristic Technologies, LLC
james at FuturisTech.net                        716 South Main St.