Fw: [Mailman-Users] Disable posting of a specific user

Don Daniels viewelk at avci.net
Sat Nov 3 01:25:11 CET 2001

----- Original Message -----
From: Rodolfo Pilas <rodolfo at linux.org.uy>
To: <mailman-users at python.org>
Sent: Friday, November 02, 2001 1:47 PM
Subject: [Mailman-Users] Disable posting of a specific user

> Is there are any way to dislable user posting into a list?
>
> I wish to have some users that can read but not posting.
>
> It is the same for me that the possible post may be send to the admin to
> be approved, for this reason I ask:
>
> It is possible to moderate the posting of a specific user?
>

> (I have Mailman 2.1a2)

Hey Rodolfo,
                      I'm using 2.06 and under the PRIVACY section there is a line which reads:
 " Addresses whose postings are always held for approval."
end of quote

I recall another (different section) which also had the option of whether or not to notify subscribers that their posts were being held for approval.

                     Best          Don