[Mailman-Users] configuring mailman for multiple domains

Jon Carnes jonc at nc.rr.com
Wed Nov 7 06:51:25 CET 2001

On Wednesday 07 November 2001 00:22, V.S.Mony wrote:
> There is only a field with the description  'Hostname the list prefers'
>
> Can we give multiple domains in that field?
> i mean abc.com,xyz.com in the same textbox?
>
> Then will it recognise mails to both abc.com and xyz.com
>
> Venkat

Negative.  You put "abc.com" in for the domain it prefers.  If the list is
called mylist at abc.com, then you create an alias for it called mylist at xyz.com

The last step is to identify "mylist at xyz.com" as a list that is treated as
though it were "mylist at abc.com" by Mailman.  You do that by web-ing over to
the admin page and on the Privacy Options page, putting the address into
the field:
   Alias names (regexps) which qualify as explicit to
   or cc destination names for this list. (Details)

Works just fine there after - Jon Carnes