[Mailman-Users] Variations on Reminders?

Jon Carnes jonc at haht.com
Fri Nov 9 19:21:49 CET 2001

Try this script...

#!/bin/bash
#  Mail reminders to list admins
#
# dump all the list names to LISTS
LISTS="`~mailman/bin/list_lists |grep "^ " |awk '{ print $1 }' `"
#
for i in $LISTS
do
   mail -s "To the Admin of list: $i" $i-admin <~mailman/reminder.msg
done
# /home/mailman/reminder.msg is the reminder message sent to each admin

===
Save the above script as /usr/local/sbin/mm_reminder
Create a file with a reminder message in it and save it in
~mailman/reminder.msg
Edit your crontab and add the following line:

10  2  15  3,6,9,12  *   /usr/local/sbin/mm_reminder

Viola!  Your admins are reminded every March, June, Sept, Dec 15 at 2:10am

Jon Carnes