[Mailman-Users] Deleting an Archive Posting

Jon Carnes jonc at haht.com
Fri Nov 9 20:25:24 CET 2001

There may be a better way of doing it, but I have always just gone into the
files and deleted the entries by hand.  You will find all the archives in:
  ~mailman/archives/private/...

I believe that you can simply delete the offending messages, then delete the
html pages and run the command ~mailman/bin/arch.  To be on the safe side
though, I would simply move the old html files out of the directory and then
run arch...

=== ~mailman/bin/arch ===
Rebuild a list's archive.

Use this command to rebuild the archives for a mailing list.  You may want
do this if you edit some messages in an archive, or remove some messages
from
an archive.

Usage: arch <listname> [<mbox>] [-h]

Where <mbox> is the path to a list's complete mbox archive.  Usually this
will
be some path in the archives/private directory.  For example:

bin/arch mylist archives/private/mylist.mbox/mylist.mbox

<mbox> is optional.  If it is missing, it is calculated.
======

Jon Carnes