[Mailman-Users] Unsubscribing users without notification

J. Frederick Ball OEF fball at franciscans.com
Tue Nov 13 00:06:08 CET 2001

Is there a way (running Mailman 2.0.7) to remove a user from a list
*without* allowing a message to go out to that person?  I have two
instances where this would be helpful.

One is a case where sendmail reports "Can not check MX records for
recipient host domainname.com" and Mailman has been trying to deliver the
message forever.  The other is a case where somehow, probably in a mass
subscription, someone was subscribed with use at domain.ne as the address --
that is, it should have been "net" not "ne" -- and I want to remove that
person from the list.  Obviously, it is pointless to mail a notification of
such action to a bad address.

Ideas?

Fred Ball