[Mailman-Users] Bug in Mailman version 2.0.6

David Moruzzi david.moruzzi at babcockbrown.com
Tue Nov 13 23:26:00 CET 2001

I have been working to get Mailman and Exim going on a Debian box. Mailman
passes the check_perms test. I am also able to create a newlist. When I go
to the .../mailman/admin URL and click on any of the lists I created I get:

Bug in Mailman version 2.0.6
We're sorry, we hit a bug!
Please inform the webmaster for this site of this problem. Printing of
traceback and other system information has been explicitly inhibited, but
the webmaster can find this information in the Mailman error logs.

This is the error log for Mailman: (the qrunner and smtp logs do not report
any error)

Nov 13 19:26:54 2001 admin(5625):
@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@
admin(5625): [----- Mailman Version: 2.0.6 -----]
admin(5625): [----- Traceback ------]
admin(5625): Traceback (innermost last):
admin(5625):   File "/var/lib/mailman/scripts/driver", line 98, in run_main
admin(5625):     main()
admin(5625):   File "/usr/lib/mailman/Mailman/Cgi/admin.py", line 87, in
main
admin(5625):     Auth.loginpage(mlist, 'admin', e.message)
admin(5625):   File "/usr/lib/mailman/Mailman/Cgi/Auth.py", line 46, in
loginpage
admin(5625):     {'listname': mlist.real_name,
admin(5625):   File "/usr/lib/mailman/Mailman/Utils.py", line 496, in
maketext
admin(5625):     fp = open(file)
admin(5625): IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory:
'/var/lib/mailman/templates/admlogin.txt'

Any thoughts on how to fix this issue.

Thanx

David

This email message may contain information that is confidential and
proprietary to Babcock & Brown or a third party.  If you are not the
intended recipient, please contact the sender and destroy the original and
any copies of the original message.  Babcock & Brown takes measures to
protect the content of its communications.  However, Babcock & Brown cannot
guarantee that email messages will not be intercepted by third parties or
that email messages will be free of errors or viruses.