[Mailman-Users] duplicates with 2.0.5

R.I.Pienaar rip at pinetec.co.za
Wed Nov 14 12:41:00 CET 2001

I am using mailman 2.0.5 on a FreeBSD 4.3 machine with Python 1.5.2 (#2, Jul
10 2001, 14:43:34)  [GCC 2.95.2 19991024 (release)] on freebsd4 installed
from the port.  The MTA is exim 3.22.

Some of my lists, sometimes, send out duplicate emails, I have tracked,
using the mail headers, it down to the machine to the machine that the list
server runs on (using message id's of two mails) and I am fairly confident
its not exim (it might be though, but its really a very standard 3.22

Can anyone give me any hints on what might cause this, I notice my python is
pretty old, it might help if I upgrade that, but I am not in the habit of
upgrading things just cos a new one is available and was wondering if this
is some known issue.

All local changes has been done in the mm_cfg.py file, the ones I think are
relevant are to do with archiving, I use a PUBLIC_EXTERNAL_ARCHIVER and
INTERNAL setting to send mail to a wrapper script that calls mhonarc, the
rest is as it were out of the box, which means my DELIVER_MODULE is
SMTPDirect, there are some small changes in the mm_cfg file, related to
images, hostname, url and archive url, but i doubt these come into play now.

not sure what else I can give to help you.

R.I. Pienaar  rip at pinetec.co.za

          "Let us gather hallucinations from our private minds
              Let us witness the reincarnation of the Sun"