[Mailman-Users] Auto-Responses/Digest Delivery

Camille K. Powell cpowell at asciences.com
Fri Nov 16 19:15:05 CET 2001

Thanks for responding.  I am still having the same problem.  I plan to
contact the postmasters, as suggested.  However, I hope that there is also
something that I can do, in the meantime, on my end.  I double-checked and
replies to list messages are indeed directed to the poster, as recommended.

The strange thing that I noticed is that auto-replies to the list are only
from digest subscribers.  I looked at a digest message to my list.  The "To"
field is the list address and the "From" field is the admin address, for
example, listname-admin at ...  When I try replying to the digest message, I
get the list address!  I would think that a reply to the digest message
would go to the admin address, since that's where the message originated.

When I reply to a regular posting, I get the poster address.  Is there
something wrong with the digest delivery?  Also, when I am the poster of a
message (and I have delivery set to regular), I get the auto-replies (not
the list).  Is there a way to have all auto-replies to the list sent to the
listname-admin@ address?

Any ideas?  Thanks.

Camille Powell, Web Designer
Analytical Sciences, Inc.