[Mailman-Users] Odd little Error message

Jeffrey M. Kenton jkenton at iastate.edu
Fri Nov 16 20:37:03 CET 2001

I just received this message. Can someone help me to know what I
should do with it?

Traceback (innermost last):
   File "/home/mailman/cron/qrunner", line 282, in ?
     kids = main(lock)
   File "/home/mailman/cron/qrunner", line 252, in main
     keepqueued = dispose_message(mlist, msg, msgdata)
   File "/home/mailman/cron/qrunner", line 121, in dispose_message
     if BouncerAPI.ScanMessages(mlist, mimemsg):
   File "/home/mailman/Mailman/Bouncers/BouncerAPI.py", line 59, in ScanMessages
     addrs = func(msg)
   File "/home/mailman/Mailman/Bouncers/DSN.py", line 46, in process
     if string.lower(msg.gettype()) <> 'multipart/report' or \
TypeError: read-only character buffer, None

Without much knowledge of the guts of Python, I would say that the
problem is with disposing a rejected message, but I want to get some
ideas from you all first.

Mailman 2.0.6, Python 1.5, etc.
Jeff Kenton                College of Education Tech Support
N058A Lagomarcino                        jkenton at iastate.edu
Ames, IA 50011                                  515 294 0228

    "Security is a process, not a product." - Bruce Schneier