[Mailman-Users] Crazy

T. Glen Haggard glen at kk7ih.net
Sat Nov 17 05:51:20 CET 2001

This program is driving me crazy. I have installed it twice, once on
Slackware 7.0 and the second on 8.0. Here is what I am getting over and
over:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/home/mailman/cron/qrunner", line 275, in ?
    lock.lock(timeout=0.5)
  File "/home/mailman/Mailman/LockFile.py", line 219, in lock
    self.__write()
  File "/home/mailman/Mailman/LockFile.py", line 350, in __write
    fp = open(self.__tmpfname, 'w')
IOError: [Errno 13] Permission denied:
'/home/mailman/locks/qrunner.lock.office.10296'

I also get this message when I try to send the test list a message:

"|/home/mailman/mail/wrapper mailcmd test"
    (reason: 2)
    (expanded from: <test-request at office.nvrams.org>)

Failure to exec script. WANTED gid 12, GOT gid 2.  (Reconfigure to take 2?)
554 5.3.0 "|/home/mailman/mail/wrapper mailcmd test"... unknown mailer error
2

I thnk it may have something to do with the smrsh in Sendmail which I can
not find in Slakeware 8.0. Also the URL given in the message sent out does
not work, can not be found. Pretty much nothing is working. Could use a lot
of help.

Glen