[Mailman-Users] mail-aliases make problems

Jon Carnes jonc at haht.com
Tue Nov 20 16:10:53 CET 2001

When you create a list in Mailman it prints out the aliases that you need to
copy and then paste into your /etc/aliases file.

Here is an example of a list called HR:

  hr:            "|/home/mailman/mail/wrapper post hr"
  hr-admin:      "|/home/mailman/mail/wrapper mailowner hr"
  hr-request:    "|/home/mailman/mail/wrapper mailcmd hr"
  hr-owner:      hr-admin

And in my case the alias for mailman is...
   mailman:  jonc
   mailman-owner: mailman

That should do it... - Jon Carnes