[Mailman-Users] qrunner locks are not always removed

Jon Carnes jonc at haht.com
Tue Nov 20 21:16:53 CET 2001

The lock files all end with the process ID.  Which makes it easy to stop the
processes and remove the locks.  Here's a small script that does just that:

#!/bin/bash
# Kill current Mailman processes and then remove lock files
# Jeff B is running a misconfigured browser and locks up the admin interface
# on a daily basis...  Jon C
for i in `ls /home/mailman/locks |cut -f7 -d. `; do kill $i; done
rm -f /home/mailman/locks/*

I'm fairly certain that I *don't* want qrunner to try and guess whether a
process is dead or simply waiting for a response.

Jon Carnes