[Mailman-Users] not being told of pending administrative requests

Peter Jay Salzman p at dirac.org
Wed Nov 21 18:03:02 CET 2001

hi there,

people need "confirm+approval" to subscribe to my list.

i have "should admin get immediate notice of new requests" set to "yes".
and the list admin's email address is correctly set to me.

however:

1. user subscribes to list
2. user gets confirmation notice
3. user replies to confirmation notice
4. i get no email that there's a pending request waiting for me

the only way to learn of the pending request is to visit the admin page.
since i'd like to respond to requests quickly, this is kind of a nuissance.
i really would like to know when i need to take care of subscription
requests.

are there issues with getting immediate notices of pending administrative
requests?  any gotchas that i should be aware of?   is there anything i can
check which can be screwing this up?

pete

                    -- Clause from license for FrontPage 2002