[Mailman-Users] Dissapearing messages

Norbert Bollow nb at thinkcoach.com
Mon Nov 26 14:43:05 CET 2001

> > Most likely there's a spam filter on the receiving mailserver.
> > Some of them just discard spam messages without sending a bounce;
> > this is nasty is the case of false positives.
>
> I thought this too, but what I can't understand is why mail sent from
> the console gets delivered correctly.
>
> Is there any part of the headers sent by mailman that might trigger a
> spam trap?

Maybe the filter discards all messages where the recipient email
address is not mentioned in a To: or Cc: header.

Maybe it's the Precedence: header.

> I'm really stuck for what to try next :/

I'd suggest having a careful look at the headers of the outgoing
messages.  It is possible for lists to be misconfigured in ways
that result in invalid (broken) headers.

If you're sure that your headers are all fine, talk with a sysop
of one of the receiving mailservers.

Greetings, Norbert.

--
A member of FreeDevelopers and the DotGNU Steering Committee: dotgnu.org
Tel +41 1 972 20 59       Fax +41 1 972 20 69      http://thinkcoach.com