[Mailman-Users] Supressing those "List*" headers

Jon Carnes jonc at nc.rr.com
Wed Nov 28 07:45:56 CET 2001

On Tuesday 27 November 2001 19:36, Paul Tomblin wrote:
> Is there any way to suppress those "List*" headers.  One of the people on
> my mailing lists is complaining that they seem to be forcing his email
> to be HTML.  (He uses Eudora.)

Its quite easy to do.  You edit one file - please backup the file before
you edit it!:
  ~mailman/Mailman/Handlers/CookHeaders.py

  headers = {
      'List-Id'         : listid,
      'List-Help'       : '<mailto:%s?subject=help>' % requestaddr,
      'List-Unsubscribe': subfieldfmt % (listinfo, requestaddr, 'un'),
      'List-Subscribe'  : subfieldfmt % (listinfo, requestaddr, ''),
      'List-Post'       : '<mailto:%s>' % mlist.GetListEmail(),
      }

Feel free to delete any of the lines inside the "headers" clause, but I
would recommend that you leave 'List-Id'.

BTW: I strongly feel that this should be in the FAQ, even though I fully
agree that the problem is with the Mail client (the MUA) and not with
Mailman.

Jon Carnes