[Mailman-Users] question..

Greg Ward gward at mems-exchange.org
Wed Nov 28 17:22:55 CET 2001

On 28 November 2001, George Galang said:
> I am running qmail and mailman 2.0.7.  I can get mailman to send out
> messages to the local users, but I can't get it to send out to users who
> are not hosted on the machine it is running.  Any advice?

Yes: define "can't", ie. explain exactly what is happening and what is
going wrong.  Supply extracts from qmails logs.  Use a packet-tracer (I
quite like ethereal -- see www.ethereal.com) to watch the traffic
between Mailman and qmail, and then see if qmail does anything after
that.

Might also be useful to know which OS you're using, which version of
Python, which version of qmail, and which (if any) qmail patches you're
running.  (ISTR that qmail is frozen at version 1.03, but lots and lots
of people have provided add-on patches.  Strange way to address users'
feature wishes, but never mind.)

> I can provide
> some configuration if you want, though I am new at adminstrating qmail
> and mailman.

Are you new at Internet email administration in general, too?  If so,
you're in for a lot of hard work.  Good luck.

        Greg
Greg Ward - software developer                gward at mems-exchange.org