[Mailman-Users] Re: MIME Digests

tneff at bigfoot.com tneff at bigfoot.com
Wed Nov 28 19:43:13 CET 2001

The problem is that they don't really Digest or pack anything, or save any
space, or do anything except collate a bunch of stuff into a multipart
sandwich.  There's precious little of use to be done with them that you
couldn't do just as easily by getting individual messages and putting them
into a folder, which more mail agents can successfully do than will handle
all the exploding and stuff.

As the original poster said, they are useless for the thing Digests were
really good for, which was saving a lot of overhead and scanning a day's
traffic in a single read.  I am glad of the fact that 1153 will never go
away.

--On Wednesday, November 28, 2001 10:42 AM -0800 J C Lawrence