[Mailman-Users] User database for htaccess

Jon Carnes jonc at nc.rr.com
Thu Nov 29 05:19:00 CET 2001

Okay, I mucked with the script I sent you for about a half an hour and this
is what I came up with:
===
touch /etc/httpd/.htaccess.mpdladaux
for i in `~mailman/bin/list_members mpdladaux`
do
   PASS="`strings ~mailman/lists/mpdladaux/config.db | \
      grep -i -A1 $i |head -5 |tail -1 | sed 's/s$//' `"
   htpasswd -b /etc/httpd/.htaccess.mpdladaux $i $PASS
done
===

This should work for you without any modifications.  Note: I've found a
better way of dumping the data out of the config list (than using "strings")
which would let this work across all versions of Mailman, but that would
require an other hour and this should  work just fine!

Jon Carnes