[Mailman-Users] sh: wrapper not available for sendmail programs

Agustina Buccella abuccel at uncoma.edu.ar
Fri Nov 30 13:04:44 CET 2001

I installed mailman in Suse 7.1 with sendmail 8.10.2. When I confirm my
subscription to my "probandolista" list  I get the following mail delivery:

sh: wrapper not available for sendmail programs
554 5.0.0 "|/etc/smrsh/wrapper mailcmd probandolista"... Service unavailable

I configured the /etc/mail/aliases with the following options:

probandolista:           "|/usr/mailman/mail/wrapper post probandolista"
probandolista-admin:     "|/usr/mailman/mail/wrapper mailowner probandolista"
probandolista-request:   "|/etc/smrsh/wrapper mailcmd probandolista"
probandolista-owner:     probandolista-admin

and the /etc/smrsh directory:

lrwxrwxrwx   1 root     root           25 Nov 28 15:40 wrapper ->
/usr/mailman/mail/wrapper*

Any idea?
Thanks!!