[Mailman-Users] post to a list via web

J C Lawrence claw at 2wire.com
Mon Oct 1 22:57:58 CEST 2001

On Mon, 1 Oct 2001 15:05:33 -0400 (EDT)
dkh  <dkh at london.com> wrote:

> Anyone know of an add-on/extension/contribution that will allow
> folks to post to a mailing list via the web interface, preferably
> inside pipermail's display (ie reply to this message, post new
> message kind of thing coming from the person logged in and not via
> a single gateway address).

This can be done under external archives such as MHonARc (which I've
done).  See previous messages from me in -developers for
instructions and details on this.

> I'm not very up on python but I would assume that this wouldn't be
> an overly daunting extension. Could use a different mail archive
> package like hypermail which has the ability but then you
> wouldn't, as far as I can see, be able to have the same thing for
> a private archive. No way to take advantage of the user id and
> password etc.

While I don't do that (my archives are public), its fairly easy to
drop Mailman auth requirements in .htaccess.  IIRC someone has
already done this (don't recall details -- search the archives).

--
J C Lawrence