[Mailman-Users] PDF Attachments

Larry Hansford lhansfor at creativedatasolns.com
Tue Oct 2 20:39:38 CEST 2001

At 02:01 PM 10/2/01, Greg Ward wrote:
>On 02 October 2001, Larry Hansford said:
> > The problem is that in testing sending this newsletter as an PDF
> > attachment, Mailman sends it out as an embedded text message -- unreadable
> > 50Kb of ASCII code.
> >
> > Is there a setting that allows me to set it up to keep the PDF file as an
> > attachment rather than embedding it in the message?
>
>Have you tried sending the message to a regular email account, ie. with
>no Mailman in the way?  Mailman doesn't do anything with MIME in list
>messages, so this is probably a problem with your mail client.
>(Specifically, I bet it's not setting the content-type to
>"application/pdf".)
>
>         Greg

Thanks, Greg!  The problem seems to be solved, but I'm not sure why.  I
checked my Eudora setup, and all seemed well.  I went into the "TEST" group
admin page, and changed the setting for message size from the default of
40K to 120K -- the actual PDF attachment I was testing with is 39K -- and
re-started Sendmail to ensure all was clean with it's load, aliases.db
file, etc.  I then re-sent the message, and all came through properly.

Larry