[Mailman-Users] naming a list

J C Lawrence claw at kanga.nu
Thu Oct 4 06:52:04 CEST 2001

On Wed, 3 Oct 2001 15:43:49 -0700 (PDT)
Dave Robbins <dave at geol.ucsb.edu> wrote:

> This is the standard convention that I am seeking.  I don't
> particularly like the listserv convention of '-l' appended to each
> mailing list name.  Any other suggestions?  Thanks.

I'm not aware of an standards per se.  An "-l" suffix is moderately
common, as is an "l" prefix.  "-l" derives from the old BITNET lists
IIRC.  Suffixes of "-misc", "-talk", "-dev"/"-developers", "-users",
"-advocacy" etc are also fairly common if unlikely to suit your
needs.

<shrug> I'd likely go with the "-l" suffix.  Its minimal, easily
recognised, and doesn't polute your namespace/cause likely sites of
name collisions.

--
J C Lawrence