[Mailman-Users] Search Archive Feature?

alex wetmore alex at phred.org
Thu Oct 4 17:41:22 CEST 2001

On Wed, 3 Oct 2001, The Berean wrote:
> Does Mailman provide a feature for searching archives?

No, you need to use another product.

I rolled my own solution using Windows 2000 Index Server.  I haven't
tried to bundle this up because I don't know of any other Mailman
sites which use Windows 2000 to the degree that I do, but if there is
interest I could put something together.  You can see how it works at
http://search.bikelist.org.  The search engine picks up new messages
within seconds, instead of using a nightly index update like other
solutions.

No, it doesn't use the IDQ.DLL which has the whole exploited by
Code Red and Nimda.

alex