[Mailman-Users] why can't othe people see the listinfo/ page?

Jon Carnes jonc at haht.com
Fri Oct 12 08:30:33 CEST 2001

----- Original Message -----
From: "Dan Mick" <dmick at utopia.West.Sun.COM>
> This, by the way, is explicitly and completely documented in
> the files you should have read before installing Mailman, and
> reread before asking the mailing list...

Indeed it is Dan.  In fact over half the questions I see are answered in the
README or INSTALL docs for Mailman... and a good part of the other half are
answered in the Archives of this list.  Still, if Mailman is to gain
dominance in the world, it needs a user-based support group that is willing
to answer such questions.

A major part of the value of an Open Source package is the ease and speed
with which it can be installed and configured properly.  Please do keep
telling folks to read the manuals, but please add a bit more help if
possible.  For instance, you might want to create a Draft email that points
folks to a Current documentation source, and also provides a links to the
Searchable archives and the FAQ.

Take care - Jon Carnes