[Mailman-Users] Mailman does not send email to users outside of local system

Jon Carnes jonc at nc.rr.com
Wed Oct 17 07:38:25 CEST 2001

On Wednesday 17 October 2001 01:23, Thomas Casey O'Neill wrote:
> Thanks alot Jon!
>
> So should I add something to my /etc/mail/access file? At this point it
> only has entries for
>
> localhost.localdomain
> localhost
> 127.0.0.1
>
> Should I add my info (example)
>
> web.buroak.com
> buroak.com
> 209.163.46.203

Certainly won't hurt anything to add it (and then run make so that the info
is converted into a hash stored in access.db).  It may not solve your
problem, but do give it a go as it's an easy try.

What version Sendmail are you running?  Is it the generic from Red Hat 7.1?

My bet is that you've got the server screwed down mighty tight (or Red Hat
does) to prevent spam and in the process you are not even allowing local
relays.  Tough for me to give you good advice as I always download the
sendmail tarballs and install.  I haven't played yet with a generic
sendmail from RH7.1

Jon Carnes