[Mailman-Users] umbrella_list?

Jon Carnes jonc at nc.rr.com
Wed Oct 17 14:54:54 CEST 2001

On Wednesday 17 October 2001 02:13, Shane Beasley wrote:
> On Wed, 17 Oct 2001, Jon Carnes wrote:
> > To stop folks from receiving multiple copies, you will have to make
> > your own mega-list by using a script and building the mega-list from
> > each of the sub lists.
>
> Not to be outdone, I came up with a one-liner that will add all
> subscribers of foo_* to the umbrella list foo_all:
>
>  list_lists | awk '{ print $1 }' | grep -i ^foo_ | grep -iv foo_all | \
>  xargs -rl list_members | sync_members -f - -w=no foo_all

Humbly I must decree that *you* are the superior coder!  I had not thought
to use awk!  :-)

Jon

BTW: If anyone wants to rewrite that in python, then I'm sure we could get
the developers of Mailman to include a new option that uses an
autogenerated list (generated from your code).  Feel like being
immortalized today?