[Mailman-Users] Mailman + Postfix

Alessandro Luiz Petrocino ale at ccuec.unicamp.br
Thu Oct 18 14:35:34 CEST 2001

Hello, everybody !

I'm a brazilian "administrator", and a new user in this list! So, sorry,

for my bad english ...

I migrated my old list-server-program (petidomo) to the mailman
(v.2.0.6) ...

Therefore, the doubt is the following one:

Well, in the enterprise, we have a list called DICAS-L ... this list
have 16.783 users inside.

So, in the migration process, I imported all address, without any
problem !

When a mail message is sent to the list address, my antivirus
program scan the mail, searching for virus attached.

The normal process shoud be:
- the antivirus program scan only the original message, before send this

to the list.

But, this doesn't hapen ! The antivirus program scan each mail before
send to the user in
the list ... with this, my server is high-loaded ...

How the mailman wrapper "communicates" with the smtp server ??
PS: My mail deliver program is Postfix

Thank's,

# Alessandro Luiz Petrocino #
E-Mail: ale at unicamp.br