[Mailman-Users] MM2.1a3 another strange python bug

Camel camel at lrllamas.com
Wed Oct 24 14:27:03 CEST 2001

I ended up restoring the 2.0.6 installation (I love BRU)
but I didn't get any response to the following error when I accessed
the listinfo page. All of the templates were in the correct directory and the 
permissions were set. The old templates were also all there, with a 
"xxx.html.prev" extension. I know the default language is english, but I 
think it's looking for "lang"=en which doesn't look like it was set during 
the make install process

Bug in Mailman version 2.1a3
We're sorry, we hit a bug!
If you would like to help us identify the problem,
please email a copy of this page to the webmaster for this site with
a description of what happened.  Thanks!

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/var/www/mailman/scripts/driver", line 96, in run_main
  File "/var/www/mailman/Mailman/Cgi/listinfo.py", line 57, in main
    list_listinfo(mlist, language)
  File "/var/www/mailman/Mailman/Cgi/listinfo.py", line 188, in list_listinfo
    doc.AddItem(mlist.ParseTags('listinfo.html', replacements, lang))
  File "/var/www/mailman/Mailman/HTMLFormatter.py", line 314, in ParseTags
    text = Utils.maketext(template, raw=1, lang=lang, mlist=self)
  File "/var/www/mailman/Mailman/Utils.py", line 477, in maketext
    raise IOError(errno.ENOENT, 'No template file found', templatefile)
IOError: [Errno 2] No template file found: 'listinfo.html'
Jay S. Curtis
Camelid Listowner
member info / subscribe / user options at:

More information about the Mailman-Users mailing list