[Mailman-Users] help needed

J C Lawrence claw at kanga.nu
Sat Sep 8 19:32:35 CEST 2001

On Sat, 8 Sep 2001 07:54:02 -0700 (PDT)
Deepak K <Deepak> wrote:

> a) how to make the mailman to show the attachments as
> attachments. whenever, someone sees the list of mails on the
> server, as of now, it opens the attachments and it is being shown
> as simple binary text format. this essentially means that mailman
> is not able to recognize attachments. how do i make the mailman to
> understand attachments so that attachments are shown as
> attachments

FWIW this is a FAQ.

There are two places where Mailman doesn't handle MIME:  text
digests and the internal pipermail archiver.

  If your users are complaining about seeing MIME content in text
  digests, have them use MIME digests.  Or more simply, just move
  all your digest users over to MIME digests and disable text
  digests entirely.

  If you need to handle MIME in the message archiver you'll need an
  external archiver.  Pipermail is not that capable currently.  I
  recommend and use MHonArc See previous list messages for details.

> b) whether i can show date and time as a suffix to each mail.

The internal archiver currently does not support this.  Use an
external archiver.

--
J C Lawrence