[Mailman-Users] Can I install Mailman on a hosted site

Norbert Bollow nb at thinkcoach.com
Tue Sep 11 16:59:03 CEST 2001

> Mailman looks like a great mailing list program.  I am working with a =
> friend who currently has a web site hosted by Prohosting.com.  She runs =
> a mailing list from it using EZMLM which is provided by prohosting.

This implies that prohosting is using Qmail as MTA.  That is
good news, because it means that you don't need root access
in order to install Mailman.

> I do apologize for my ineptitude, but is there any way we can use the =
> Mailman software even though the site and mailing list is hosted by =
> Prohosting.com?

If you have shell access to the server, then the answer is yes.

<Shameless_Plug>
Contact me off-list if you're looking for someone who can set
this up for you, for a reasonable fee.
</Shameless_Plug>

Greetings, Norbert.

--
A member of FreeDevelopers and the DotGNU Steering Committee: dotgnu.org
Tel +41 1 972 20 59       Fax +41 1 972 20 69      http://thinkcoach.com