[Mailman-Users] HTML from email appearing in archives?

Josh Rabinowitz joshr-garbage at joshr.com
Thu Sep 13 18:55:30 CEST 2001

Dear Mailman users:

This seems like it should be an FAQ but I couldn't find the question
answered anywhere. I'm running an archiving list using Mailman but
some users post email with HTML tags in it, and these appear verbatim
in the email archives - I see text like
   ... <x-html><!x-stuff-for-pete base="" src="" id="0" charset=""><P> ...
in the html files created by the archives.

What is the recommended way to deal with this problem of HTML tags
appearing in the email archives (I'm using Mailman 2.06 with
ARCHIVE_TO_MBOX = 2)?

Thanks in advance
joshr