[Mailman-Users] Problem GLIBC_2.2

Greg Ward gward at mems-exchange.org
Thu Sep 13 23:25:02 CEST 2001

On 10 September 2001, Hernán Muñoz said:
> I'am trying  install the mailman under linux 2.4 - 2.2 , RedHat . and I get
> the follow error message ..... .
>

> File "bin/update", line 32, in ?
>      from Mailman import MailList
>    File "/usr/local/mailman/Mailman/MailList.py", line 30, in ?
>      import socket
> ImportError: symbol __sysconf, version GLIBC_2.2 not defined in file
> libc.so.6 with link time reference

You forgot to state the basics: What version of Python?  What version of
Mailman?  What compiler?  What version of gcc?

Did you compile Python yourself?

Did you compile Mailman yourself?

Were they compiled on the same system as you're running them on with
*no* changes to the system?

If you answered "no" to any of those last three questions, you should
build Mailman yourself *on the system where you're going to run it.

If that doesn't work, build your own Python and then build Mailman.

        Greg
Greg Ward - software developer                gward at mems-exchange.org