[Mailman-Users] Partial deliveries of messages - not all list members get the postings

Jean Peccoud Jean.Peccoud at e-notebooks.com
Sun Sep 16 01:26:03 CEST 2001

Hi!

I have Mailman 2.0.3 installed on a Red Hat 6.2 system.

I have been using the system for a while without apparent difficulties.
Recently however, I realized that only a small fractions of list subscribers
are getting their copies of the messages sent to the list.

I did some experiments with a test list having 12 addresses that I can
access. The number of messages sent varies from times to times but is
somewhere between 1 and 3. The addresses that do get the messages are not
always the same and I could not identify any specific parttern. The problem
occurs with several lists having different sets of members.

No error is reported in any of the Mailman log files. The smtp file entry
actually says that the 12 messages were send:

Sep 15 15:33:01 2001 (32427) smtp for 12 recips, completed in 0.123 seconds

The sendmail log files clearly shows that only 2 or 3 members were sent the
message.

Cheers.

PS: please send a copy of any reply to this email address.
Jean Peccoud, Ph.D.
e-NoteBooks, Inc.
Ph: 866-212-0539 / 206-336-5562