[Mailman-Users] unsubscribing users problem?

Tim Tyler tyler at beloit.edu
Mon Sep 17 21:22:37 CEST 2001

  Mailman experts,
    I have an owner of a list that cut and paste a lot of user addresses
along with their full name at the end of their address into the
subscription field.  For some reason it allowed the
subscriptions.  However, it won't allow the owner to remove any names
individually or collectively since they all appear to be invalid
addresses.   The only way I could remove it was to go into the shell
account and use the remove_members command.  Questions?
    1. Shouldn't the subscription method have stopped these addresses if
they were invalid in the first place?
    2. Shouldn't it be possible for the owner to remove any addresses even
if they are invalid (with spaces, etc)?  Any thoughts on this?
    3. Any hope for a feature to allow owners one or two clicks to
unsubscribe all  users from their list in the future?  Having to click next
to each name for very large subscriptions can be a pain and I don't really
want to allow shell access to the remove_members command if I can help it.
  Tim

Note: I am currently using mailman 2.03 on an AIX 4.3 system.

Tim Tyler
Network Engineer - Beloit College
tyler at beloit.edu