[Mailman-Users] use of patch 413752

Desert Hawk brooksj at wildhorse.com
Mon Apr 1 06:42:45 CEST 2002

Okay, I'm missing something here, and I'm not sure what.  :)

I'm setting up a new list for use off my home server.  Now using
Mailman 2.0.8, Python 2.1.1, FreeBSD 4.4

Everything went quick and easy until I tried adding features to
strip out MIME'd postings.

I decided to use the patch listed at sourceforge rather than
stripmime or demime.  No reason, just seemed the easier thing
to try.  I may still end up changing my mind  ;)

Downloaded patch 0.16.  Applied the patch (had to manually add the
changes to Defaults.py because my defaults didn't match what the
diffs were looking for).  Made sure all in ~mailman/Mailman was
updated.  Mailman still runs fine.  The HTML in test postings to
the list is not stripped out.

I also can't seem to find any "operational" instructions for how
to activate the new feature...unless the patch is supposed to
automatically turn it on when added?  If that's the case, what'd
I miss?

If it matters, the list was created *before* the patch was applied;
does that affect it's operation?

Anyone else here using that patch that can point me in the right
direction?

Jo Brooks, Senior Staff Wizard		brooksj at wildhorse dot com
WildHorse.com				"This is a Unix system...I know this!"