[Mailman-Users] troubles with Mailman

Dene Ulmschneider dene at ulmschneiders.com
Sun Apr 7 03:08:17 CEST 2002

Hi there-

I am running RHL 7.2 with a PIII-500 and 784mb Ram.

My install went OK. When I got to the /check_perms I had to use the -f but
after that I did get a "no problems" message.
I am having trouble setting up the lists. I believe that the mail is being
refused. Here is my scenario----

I setup the "test" list as described in the documentation - but never
received an email notifying me how to access the list.
I am also trying to figure out how to setup the httpd.conf to allow access
to the server via the web. I have added the following
to my httpd.conf file for use of Mailman:
         ScriptAlias /mailman/ "/home/mailman/cgi-bin/"
         Alias /pipermail/ "/home/mailman/archives/public/"
         ServerAdmin mailman-owner at datatechie.com
         DocumentRoot /home/mailman/
         ServerName mailman.datatechie.com
         ErrorLog mailman-error_log
         TransferLog mailman-access_log
         ServerSignature email
         DirectoryIndex index.php index.html index.htm index.shtml
         LogLevel warn
         HostNameLookups off

Then the FAQs said to check the logs and that the aliases are setup
correctly. The FAQ says that the aliases should be in
~mailman/data/aliases - which I can't even find. and the logs show the
following error:

Apr 06 19:20:01 2002 (6320) All recipients refused: (111, 'Connection refused')
Apr 06 19:20:01 2002 (6320) smtp for 1 recips, completed in 0.077 seconds

Apr 06 18:20:01 2002 (5286) error opening list: test
Apr 06 18:20:01 2002 (5286) Dequeuing message destined for missing list:

Apr 06 19:24:00 2002 (6388) -1 dene at ulmschneiders.com (ignore)

Anyone know how I can fix this?

Also- isn't there "home page" for admin via the web? I have not found an
"index.htm" anywhere in the Mailman folders.
Where do I point the httpd.conf to for the DocumentRoot?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Dene.