[Mailman-Users] Slow sendmail

JvdW r2d2 at yebo.co.za
Mon Apr 8 14:20:22 CEST 2002

Hi

At the moment I have my sendmail set up to relay via another smtp server. It
all works fine but I would like the mail to be sent directly from the machine
and not relay.

The problem I'm having is that when mail is received for a list the machine
locks up my ssh connection. I can't even telnet to port 25 or ping the box.
However after about 5 minutes the machine is available again and the mail has
been sent.

This sounds like a DNS problem to me, but I'm not sure where to look. The
resolv.conf file is correct and DNS lookups from the machine work fine. NIS
was running on the machine before the mailman installation but I've stopped
the rpc service and it still hangs.

Any ideas?

--
l8r
./JvdW

"Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else. "