[Mailman-Users] mailman loops because of & in an address

Antenna Support support at antenna.nl
Tue Apr 23 14:49:37 CEST 2002

Dear people,

We just experienced a loop: a message was sent many times because it
wasn't deleted in the /home/mailman/qfiles directory
The error mailed was:

/usr/bin/python -S /home/mailman/cron/qrunner

sh: c.lovell at xtra.co.nz: command not found
c... User unknown

It appeared that there was an address added to the list:
m&c.lovell at xtra.co.nz

The loop could only be stopped by removing the .msg and .db file in the
qfiles directory. I also removed this address from the subscribers.

Is there anything I can do to prevent this from happening again?

We run mailman 2.0.6 on Redhat Linux and it seems on first sight an error
in the combination python/mailman.

Thanks for bothering,

Tsjebbe de Vries
Antenna Foundation