[Mailman-Users] Mailman messages getting rejected by Exchange relays running Webs hield

Bueschel, Eric W RWBAHC DIN-PACS Eric.Bueschel at CEN.AMEDD.ARMY.MIL
Wed Apr 24 00:25:44 CEST 2002

Problem solved, the FQDN did not have an MX record associated with it.
Thanks
Eric B.

-----Original Message-----
From: Bueschel, Eric W RWBAHC DIN-PACS
[mailto:Eric.Bueschel at CEN.AMEDD.ARMY.MIL]
Sent: Tuesday, April 23, 2002 2:41 PM
To: 'mailman-users at python.org'
Subject: [Mailman-Users] Mailman messages getting rejected by Exchange
relays running Webs hield

All,
I have set up mailman running on Slackware 8.0 w/ the latest slackware
sendmail patches.  Some of the list subscribers are having mail addressed to
the list bounced by Exchange servers running Webshield SMTP V4.5 MR1a Mail
Service.

Additionally, when a message is sent from Mailman to a user that has to be
relayed through one of these servers, it times out with the log entry "input
channel closed by host".  If it relays through a different path, there are
no problems.

Sometimes the reject messages is simply "host not found" and sometime it is:

Network Associates WebShield SMTP V4.5 MR1a on arwshkhn42 intercepted a mail
from
<username at userdomain.com> which caused the Content Filter MyLife.F to be
triggered.

Even sending from a 'nix box will generate the above if it relays through
the server in question.

This seems to occur during a reply to a message.

The common denominator is Webshield, all other machines, including Exchange,
relay the message just fine.

Is this a problem with Mailman?  Have I configured Sendmail incorrectly?  Or
is this just a result of somebody incorrectly installing/configuring
Webshield?  Any suggestions would be welcome.

Eric B.