[Mailman-Users] Post Install Question

David Flanigan dave at flanigan.net
Tue Apr 30 04:31:34 CEST 2002

Hello Oh great gurus or Mailman:

 First, awesome program. Many thanks to those who have taken there time to
put create such a wonderful tool.

 Now my question. Everything is working well except for the web page view of
the mail archives. When I try to view the archives I get a 404 error from
apache that says "The page cannot be found".

 Now my diligent searching of the FAQ has led me to verify I have Apache
configured correctly (which I believe I do). I have sent the first message so
that there should be something in the archive.

 Here is my httpd.conf entries for mailman (my prefix is /var/mailman):

    ScriptAlias /mailman/ "/var/mailman/cgi-bin/"
    Alias /pipermail/ /var/mailman/archives/public/
    <Directory "/var/mailman/archives/public/">
        Options FollowSymLinks

 My error.log says the following:

[Tue Apr 30 11:10:54 2002] [error] [client <ip addr>] File does not
exist: /var/mailman/archives/public/test/

 Looking into that directory, indeed it dose not exist (after I following the
sym link from public to private. There is a test.mbox directory, but no test.
The test.mbox directory is empty as well.

 I am getting e-mails sent to this test list, and subscription is working
fine. Not sure where to look.

 Any help you can offer would be greatly appreciated.
Kind Regards,
David A. Flanigan

dave at flanigan.net