[Mailman-Users] Post Install Question

David Flanigan dave at flanigan.net
Tue Apr 30 04:31:34 CEST 2002

Hello Oh great gurus or Mailman:

 First, awesome program. Many thanks to those who have taken there time to
put create such a wonderful tool.

 Now my question. Everything is working well except for the web page view of
the mail archives. When I try to view the archives I get a 404 error from
apache that says "The page cannot be found".

 Now my diligent searching of the FAQ has led me to verify I have Apache
configured correctly (which I believe I do). I have sent the first message so
that there should be something in the archive.

 Here is my httpd.conf entries for mailman (my prefix is /var/mailman):

    ScriptAlias /mailman/ "/var/mailman/cgi-bin/"
    Alias /pipermail/ /var/mailman/archives/public/
    <Directory "/var/mailman/archives/public/">
        Options FollowSymLinks
    </Directory>

 My error.log says the following:

[Tue Apr 30 11:10:54 2002] [error] [client <ip addr>] File does not
exist: /var/mailman/archives/public/test/

 Looking into that directory, indeed it dose not exist (after I following the
sym link from public to private. There is a test.mbox directory, but no test.
The test.mbox directory is empty as well.

 I am getting e-mails sent to this test list, and subscription is working
fine. Not sure where to look.

 Any help you can offer would be greatly appreciated.
--
Kind Regards,
David A. Flanigan

dave at flanigan.net