[Mailman-Users] Newbie needs help

Paul H Byerly paul at thcwd.com
Thu Aug 1 03:20:03 CEST 2002

Hi all,

      I am a newbie self taught Linux user, so this is probably
embarrassingly simple.  I have installed Mailman, run check_perms
and fixed the errors from that, and my test list sends to me.  However, the
web pages and e-mail sent to the list both return messages (below).  I
think part or all of my problem is setting the server so Mailman is allowed
to run CGI scripts.  I have no idea where to set this permission, and am
unsure of what to write to the appropriate file.  I am running Redhat 7.1
and Ensim.
Thanks in advance, Paul

Mail sent to test list returns:

"|/home/virtual/site5/fst/home/mailman/mail/wrapper mailcmd test4"
     (reason: service unavailable)
     (expanded from: <test4-request at women-of-worth.org>)

smrsh: wrapper not available for sendmail programs
554 5.0.0 Service unavailable
Reporting-MTA: dns; ensim.rackshack.net
Arrival-Date: Sat, 27 Jul 2002 18:12:03 -0500

Final-Recipient: RFC822; test4-request at women-of-worth.org
Diagnostic-Code: X-Unix; 69
http://women-of-worth.org/mailman/admin/test4 returns:
Internal Server Error
to complete your request.
Please contact the server administrator, paul at byerly-of-texas.com and
inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have
done that may have caused the error.

Apache/1.3.19 Server
-----