[Mailman-Users] Digest Header modification ?

Dan Mick dmick at utopia.West.Sun.COM
Fri Aug 2 23:40:20 CEST 2002

> Every digest starts with these lines:

> And these are the lines I would like to replace with something else.
> They do not appear anywhere in the UI. In fact, the only place where I
> could find them is in /etc/mailman/masthead.txt
> However, editing the text there will, I'm fairly sure, edit it for ALL
> mailing lists, which is not what I want to do.

Yes, that's where those lines appear, and the only place.
You can edit a list-specific copy in 2.1, but in
2.0.x they are global.

Here's a part of a comment from the 2.1 code:

    # When looking for a template in a specific language, there are 4 places
    # that are searched, in this order:
    #
    # 1. the list-specific language directory
    #    lists/<listname>/<language>
    #
    # 2. the domain-specific language directory
    #    templates/<list.host_name>/<language>
    #
    # 3. the site-wide language directory
    #    templates/site/<language>
    #
    # 4. the global default language directory
    #    templates/<language>
    #
    # The first match found stops the search.  In this way, you can specialize
    # templates at the desired level, or, if you use only the default
    # templates, you don't need to change anything.