[Mailman-Users] Virtual Domain security question

Bill Studley bills at aa1oc.org
Tue Aug 6 00:16:41 CEST 2002

I want to set up Virtual domains using Apache with the following
definitions:

<VirtualHost *>

        ServerName www.virtual.com
        ServerAdmin webmaster at virtualdomain.com
        ScriptAlias /mailman/ /var/mailman/cgi-bin/
        DocumentRoot /var/mailman/cgi-bin
        DirectoryIndex mailman/listinfo/test2
        <Directory "/var/mailman/cgi-bin">
                Options  ExecCGI
                AllowOverride None
                Order allow,deny
                Allow from all
        </Directory>

        Alias /icons /var/www/icons

        Alias /pipermail "/var/mailman/archives/public/"
        ErrorLog        logs/test2-error_log
        CustomLog       logs/test2-access_log common

</VirtualHost>

This works and will load the listinfo page for virtualdomain.com.  What
I would like is some feedback on the security implications of doing
virtual domains this way.  What I'm after is to bring up the info page
at the virtual domain root directory.  The only alternative I see is to
redirect visitors from the root page to the listinfo page with a blank
index.html

Comments?

TIA,
Bill Studley