[Mailman-Users] Re-directing the mails

Sony Z Thekkumthara thekkumt at uchastings.edu
Mon Aug 5 17:44:45 CEST 2002

Hi There,
I have just installed mailman and I am having a little problem which
you may be able to help me...
I installed and configured mailman on a linux system which is within
our firewall. We have a dedicated mail server outside the firewall.
Once I add users to a new list called test It is sending the
confirmation request to the users in the new list "test" and all fine till
there. What happens here is mailman system is passing the mail to
the main mail server and it again forwarding the mail to the correct
email id but sending as, from the mail server. So when ever the user
send the confirmation back, the confirmation mail is going to the
mail server and since it can't resolve the mail id it fails there.
Would you help me by telling what chages need I to be done in my
case on the firewall or on the mail server which is outside the firewall
to send the mails back to the mailman host.

Really appreciate your help
Thanx,
Zach.

Sony Thekkumthara - System Administrator
Information Technology
Hastings College of The Law
200, McAllister Street,
San Francisco, CA 94102