[Mailman-Users] Archive Trouble.

Scott Levine levine at cs.unm.edu
Tue Aug 6 23:32:21 CEST 2002

Hi, everyone,

I just upgraded to mailman 2.0.11, and just about everything seems to be
working fine.  People are happily joining and posting to lists just fine.

However, since I've upgraded, whenever anyone tries to access the
archives, they log in, and go to the archive index.  As soon as they click
on the any of the "Thread," "author" "subject" or "date" links, they get
sent right back to the login screen.  This sort of thing loops forever.

If I change the address in my browser's location bar, from
"http://www/mailman/private/list" to
"http://www/cgi-bin/mailman/private/list/ it works fine, and they can
access the archives great, like there's no problem.

I'm using mailman with apache, and as far as I can tell, I have all the
apache config stuff done right, but it's possible I've missed
something.

I've tried adding a symlink from my html root directory for "mailman" that
points over to the "cgi-bin/mailman" directory, and even vice versa, but
still, no dice.

has anyone seen this sort of thing before?  any ideas on how to fix it?

Thanks everyone.

--Scott.

--
Scott Levine
University of New Mexico, Department of Computer Science
levine at cs.unm.edu