[Mailman-Users] How to debug mailman problems?

Chuq Von Rospach chuqui at plaidworks.com
Wed Aug 7 09:25:15 CEST 2002

On 8/6/02 11:42 PM, "Tom Limoncelli" <tal at whatexit.org> wrote:

>  mailman 2.0beta6,

Bad juju. Lotsa known problems with that beta, including stuff that could be
causing your problems. You need to upgrade before we can even think of
debugging a problem at this point, it's almost guaranteed fixed in the
current 2.0 release.

> I know I should upgrade but the last time I did
> the master password stoppped working so I reverted)

Did you read the readme for the upgrade? Security bug. Had to change the
crypt functions. Which means the old crypted passwords stopped working. Bit
of a hassle, but by staying at b6, you not only left yourself with buggy
software, you're wide open to various cross scripting bugs AND some crypt
hacks. So you'll need to upgrade, then reset the site password with the
password tool.

> I'm traveling right now and its very frustrating to know that
> back home, 14 timezones away, I have more than a dozen mailing
> lists that aren't working.

It is almost guaranteed a problem caused by still running beta 6. I know,
not what you wanted to hear, but reality sucks sometimes.

--
Chuq Von Rospach, Architech
chuqui at plaidworks.com -- http://www.chuqui.com/

The Cliff's Notes Cliff's Notes on Hamlet:
    And they all died happily ever after