[Mailman-Users] Installing Mailman without root privileges?

Jon Carnes jonc at haht.com
Wed Aug 7 21:32:10 CEST 2002

No.  You need root.

You can get by without root to simply install the files/applications (in
your home area - the apps would run as you instead of the user "mailman"),
but you need to have root access to modify the system's mail aliases file so
that mail actually makes it to your lists - and to modify the webserver's
config file so that the Mailman CGI area is setup properly.

Jon Carnes