[Mailman-Users] Failure to exec script. WANTED gid 0, GOT gid 12. (Reconfigure to take 12?)

Support support at iquest.ucsb.edu
Mon Aug 12 22:28:31 CEST 2002

Hi,

I set up mailman 2.0.12 on RH7.3 running sendmail.(sendmail running as
root, apache as nobody,mailman running as mailman)

i created a list, allowed FollowSymLinks in pipermail alias in apache,
added the appropriate aliases in the /etc/aliases file, and added a
symlink /etc/smrsh/wrapper -> /home/mailman/mail/wrapper

When i try to subscribe a test user to the list I get a subscribe
notice, I reply, then I get an email with this error.

###-----------------
The original message was received at Mon, 12 Aug 2002 12:29:20 -0700
from imo-r07.mx.aol.com [152.163.225.103]

"|/home/mailman/mail/wrapper mailcmd testlist"
   (reason: 2)
   (expanded from: <testlist-request at myserver.mydomain.dom>)

Failure to exec script. WANTED gid 0, GOT gid 12.  (Reconfigure to take
12?)
554 5.3.0 unknown mailer error 2

Final-Recipient: RFC822; testlist-request at myserver.mydomain.dom
Diagnostic-Code: X-Unix; 2
Last-Attempt-Date: Mon, 12 Aug 2002 12:29:23 -0700

I looked this up in the mailman archive and they say that it's a postfix
problem where postfix executes the wrapper as the owner of the aliase
file(root)and the remedy is to change the owner to mailman but,

1- im not running postfix
2- is changing the owner of /etc/aliases to mailman a good idea?

is there another way of solving this????

thanx,