[Mailman-Users] Can I pay for Technical support? re: MailMan?

Tom Whiting wolf at wolfstream.net
Tue Aug 13 21:57:35 CEST 2002

> > Personally, I find DSL and Cable lines too unreliable.
>
> Funny, I've been running my stuff on DSL since about 1998, and before that
> on a leased line into the house (back to 1995 or so), and I find it
> perfectly reliable enough.
>
> Although I always find people telling my my setup won't work fascinating...
> (grin)
Heh, I've been working with cable for years, and I don't find it in the LEAST
bit non stable. I've never once had a complaint from my users that the system
is too "slow" or it  lags, and I offer quite a few services off of it, simply
because of the fact that it is stable (unless I (occasionally) have to unplug
it due to electrical storms, this thing doesn't go down).

Of course, the beauty of it is that I don't "NEED" a network (nor does anyone
really) to run a domain. I've got 2 running off a single cable modem IP, and
have for QUITE some time.

DSL, I'd question the stability of, because I've yet to see a STABLE dsl line
(not saying it doesn't exist, but still). Cable, on the other hand I'e had
zero problems.

The thing to worry here about is "Does the admin know I'm running this list".
Most providers throw a big ol hissy fit if they see you running servers on
their networks.

TJW: Head tech, Dreamless Realms
Mud: http://dreamless.wolfstream.net
Snippets http://dreamless.wolfstream.net/